YHPHO has become part of Public Health England, joining its Knowledge and Intelligence Team (Northern and Yorkshire).
This page is an historical archive only.
Chief Executives requested the NHS Yorkshire and Humber planned care leadership board, to develop regional clinical thresholds for high cost high volume planned care procedures.
The aim of the work is to reduce variation in existing practice and ensure consistent referral guidance across the region. This will ensure that access to procedures is regulated by clinical criteria for patients across the region, regardless of which PCT area they reside or are treated in.
The thresholds complement the policies developed by the Yorkshire and Humber Specialised Commissioning Group for services provided in specialist centres.
A series of workshops have taken place with clinical and managerial representation from PCT and acute trusts in the region. Discussions were informed by a data and evidence pack produced by the Quality Observatory. The following thresholds have been agreed and approved by the Specialised Commissioning Group approval process.
Phase 1 May 2010 - September 2010
- Hip replacement for the treatment of joint symptoms and functional limitation
- Knee replacement for the treatment of joint symptoms and functional limitation
- Tonsillectomy for the treatment of acute tonsillitis
- Wisdom teeth extraction for the treatment of diseased wisdom teeth
- Cataract extraction
Phase 2 January 2011 - May 2011
Last Updated: Monday, 8th December 2014
- Cholecystectomy - excision of gall bladder
- Hernia - deferred